We are thrilled to welcome you back to our parks. We are taking extensive measures to make the visit as safe as possible, and we're following the advice of the National Security Council. These guidelines may be adjusted according to current events. Follow our communication in the parks as well. Respect each other, follow these visiting rules! #ZOOtogether!
Book your visit online in advance
Book your visit online in advance. Choose a time slot within which you will arrive. We allow up to 30% of the maximum occupancy. Members do not need to make a reservation.
When you visit, bring the confirmation and your valid membership card or entrance ticket.
At the parking lot
- Parking 2 (Leuvensesteenweg side) is the main car park.
- During busy times, members enter through the former entrance at the back of the 'Kasteeltje' and thus turn LEFT after the pedestrian tunnel.
- After the tunnel, members go RIGHT past the vulture aviary.
- The Planckendael Express runs with limited capacity from Saturday 6 June, during weekends and holidays until the end of September 2020. Wearing a face mask is mandatory.
At the park
- Stay home if you are ill.
- At the entrance control, markings ensure a safe queue.
- There are waiting zones with waiting compartments, one-way traffic and separate entrances and exits at the entrance.
- Respect the 1,5 m distance rule (not within your family).
- One-way traffic in places with limited capacity.
- Wearing a face mask (+ 12y) is mandatory everywhere. Also in the buildings, restaurants, toilets and wherever the 1,5m social distance cannot be guaranteed. The face masks are distributed at the entrance.
- Wash your hands regularly. Desinfectant hand gels, which can be operated with an elbow, are available at various places in the gardens, .
- The toilets have staggered capacity and are regularly disinfected. Face masks are mandatory here, as is hand washing.
- Our corona stewards inform about and monitor compliance with the new rules. In the parks there is clear communication with recognizable signs.
- For the time being, all feeding demonstrations and animations have been cancelled.
- The member service and shops are open, with limited capacity.
- Payments are made electronically and preferably contactless. We regularly disinfect the terminals and vending machines, as well as the buggies.
- In restaurant Savanne you can enjoy cold and warm meals. Indoor and outdoor seating are available. You will be allocated a seat upon arrival at the restaurant.
Wearing a face mask is mandatory when you move indoors.